Saturday 9 August 2008

Race for the Eternal Prize

I am currently in in Singapore working with the church here.  While I was out and about today I saw a sign outside a church building with the title of this entry on a big sign.

It really struck a cord reading that.  There are so many people racing about in this life.  In Singapore racing seems to be a national pastime (nothing to do with the Grand Prix coming here next month).  We are rushing around using enormous amounts of energy for material things.  Time is such a valuable commodity now and we are wasting it on things that are destined to be destroyed.

The Olympics has just started and there is a lot of racing going on there.  That's alright I guess we can all enjoy that, but lets face it there is more.  There is more to this life than sport, entertainment, work and collecting toys.  Paul wrote, 
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
That's what we need to pressing on towards - that's what we need to be racing for.  Eternal life, now there is a goal really worth striving for.  Imagine if people started using the same sort of energy they use on getting ahead in this life on achieving eternal life.  What a wondrous thing to see.  So join with me - Race for the eternal prize.

3 comments:

Tammy Snyder said...

Amen to that!
I really enjoyed your article about the dinosaurs too. Sometimes others have a way of making you think.
I wanted to let you and your wife know that, though I'd been gone for 7-8 months for personal reasons, my Ladies Bible Study site is back again. Please come by again and study with me. I would like to put a link of your site on my blogroll if that's okay?
God Bless,
Tammy Snyder
http://ladiesbiblestudycoc.blogspot.com

Keith Thomson said...

Hi Tammy,

Great to hear from you again. Anne and I will pop round to your Bible study and of course you can put my site up. God bless.
Keith

Tamela's Place said...

Amen! I will join with you! There is no greater prize to attain than our heavenly prize in Christ Jesus. One day we will finish our race and win for we will see Him face to face! God bless you!