Monday 13 October 2008

What must I do to be saved?


We had another great worship service today, a number of the people we had studied with the week attended. While the number of brethren here is still relatively small, there is a strong love for the Lord and a deep sense of worship on the Lord’s Day.

I had noticed one of our students paying particular attention during the sermon, I was speaking on the question, “What must I do to be saved?” After services, I asked Barick (this name means Glory), thought Allen, who translates, what his thoughts were about baptism. He told me that he wanted to be baptised. We have studied a lot with this man, in fact, Barick, was the reason we started what has proved to be one of our best studies. We study in a public place and a lot of people stop to listen to what we are talking about. Many of these people are very interested and join in the study.

Allen organised for the baptism to be conducted right away in the Theme River (which flows right through Arusha). I volunteered to ferry those who wanted to witness the baptism to the river in the car. After 2 car loads we were there and Barick was baptised into Christ. He was clearly very happy and the brethren were greatly uplifted by witnessing the new birth of another brother.

No comments: