Tuesday 11 November 2008

Peace


The world is constantly looking for that elusive thing, peace. Are you looking for peace? I don’t mean “world peace”, we would all like to see that. What I mean is personal peace - would you like to be at peace?

Peace had always been available to man kind. Read Psalm 4:
Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer. O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach? How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception? But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself; The LORD hears when I call to Him. Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust in the LORD. Many are saying, “Who will show us any good?” Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD! You have put gladness in my heart, More than when their grain and new wine abound. In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
Notice what is says in verse 8 , “In peace I will both lie down and sleep.” This is the peace we can have from God.

Jesus came to earth to bring peace – He is the Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6). The thing that destroys our peace is sin. Jesus came to bring forgiveness of sin, He came to pay the price of sin (Rom. 6:23 “The wages of sin is death…”). How can we be at peace when we have the sentence of death hanging over us? But Jesus paid that price for us – he died in our place.
Col 1:19-20 "For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven"
The death of Jesus on the cross means that we can have peace. He paid the price and we can be free of that death sentence. We just have to choose to serve him. If we do we can have peace.
Phil. 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Go to God in prayer, trust in Him and you will have that peace that is beyond comprehension.

What to know more – just write

No comments: