Thursday 9 October 2008

Leadership Study

One of my major goals I have set for myself during my time here in Arusha is to work with the leadership of the church. Any church will have a hard time growing without strong leadership. The leadership of the Lord’s church does not rest on one man, the Pastor system is not Biblical and cannot be supported by the scriptures. The early church was led by faithful men; the same must be true with today’s church.

The Lord spent the majority of His time during His ministry working with 12 men. These went on to teach other faithful men also. The Apostle Paul outs it this way, “The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” 2 Timothy 2:2.

We had a very good study last night, when Allen and I gathered together 4 faithful me from the church here in Arusha. We talked about the future if the work and the role that leaders pay in the Lord’s church. We studied about worship and entrance into the Lord’s church. We also organised to have regular studies for the remainder of my time here.

I feel very good about the fact that these men want to take an active role in the leadership of the church and I believe that it bodes well for the future of the work here.
      

No comments: